Why this journey

There is a major factor we most often fail to consider when we make plans for the future, that factor my friends, is called Life.In my mind I picture it like the game Hide and Seek.You have a few minutes to find a spot, and Ready or not.. here it comes. Life unravels itself in the most random way sometimes, and regardless of how much we prepare for it, I am learning that there are certain things we will just never see coming.
As Human beings we are all vulnerable to the Whens, Whys, Hows and Wheres that the various circumstances we face throw at us. Sometimes it's just that tiny little piece of the puzzle we are searching for, and other times it's the uncertainty about where to begin.
So I began a journey,a search is to discover what it was in me that was constant. I wanted to know the thing that stands true even when hit with the greatest paradox in life,that immeasurable gap between my dreams and my reality.
This Blog is all about that journey. An attempt to hold unto one thing I am certain was the same the day I was born, and will stay true till I die.
Giving my Life to Jesus has released to me what I believe is the greatest treasure of all times. The best way I can describe it is as, is a Personal mirror of truth.I must admit that my reflection scares me most of the time, for the simple fact that it is perfect.I must admit that I have been bothered by the parallels of what I see and how I feel but slowly I see possibility of these paths merging. This Perfection, I have come to understand to be the way GOD sees me. It is independent of what I have said or not said, what I have done or have not done. It is that part of me that does not fluctuate.
I look deep into this mirror and though what I see must be true, it seems so hard to believe because it is contrary to what i know of myself.
I am hoping that through this journey , I can grow to share God's Perspective which is The reflection in the mirror.It is Clear now and I hope it becomes even clearer, I am just perfect for the Job He has for me.
I hope these reflections, prayers, poems and thoughts will strike a cord in you too and maybe we all can start looking past what Life says about us, to finding our own mirrors and admiring that perfect reflection in the Mirror.

Friday, March 9, 2012

The Power of HERE!!!

Here is the Place we met
In the Corner, Lights out, darker than night
I noticed you cause you were Different
A light which shun so bright
Opening my eyes to my own complacency
I wasn't the prettiest and to top it off,
 I wasn't even smiling...How could I?
I just got Kicked out of a spelling bee
For failure to spell a four letter word.
L.O.V.E
Birthing an awareness you can't give what you do not Know
This four letter word like many others spoke of truths I wasn't proud of
N.E.E.D
H.E.L.P
Hands Clutched to my chest
Grabbing unto Hopes lost for reasons uncertain
Four letter words in your light 
I can finally see
P.A.S.T
P.A.I.N
Now you ask for another even more precious
T.I.M.E
Assuring me back on track
As If I would follow you back to basics

Here, You did not show me all the work needed to be done
Though you sang the beautiful melody of Vision and Mission
Distracting me with your peace,
Numbing me with your Love
As you cut through tumors formed by my own indiscretions
Here, You stitched me up and taught me to walk again
Orienting me to the fact that masses now lost
Were all a part of your Divine plan

You were Patient with me and watched me through
As I Swayed To and Fro Withdrawal and Relapse.
You rocked me to sleep chocking in my own tears of regret
Promising you could make it to count for something if I'd trust
And with no where else to turn I found it in me to spell another four letter word
A.M.E.N

Still laying in your arms
For the first time I heard your heartbeat
As I slowed down to catch up to the rhythm of your breath
Understanding, if for the first time we were in SYNC
I  had a shot at getting it right
I  had a shot to be who you created me to be and in turn put a smile on your face
Cause after all I put you through, you too deserve to Smile

Smile when I choose to run instead of walk
Run to Catch up on the Miles I missed out on
And Like Elijah you'll give me the grace to breeze past chariots
Running into your Presence
The place where it's only You and I
That place where I present to you this Poem, Cause it is for you
And though these words,It's you who blesses me with
I rededicate them to you

Here, I stand before the world,
Though Audience unseen
And with me,I bring two witnesses
This Keyboard and this Screen
That they may watch as I declare my love and gratitude to you
Cause the first time I saw,you were  first in sight
And despite my mess,You Smiled
That picture remains in the deepest part of me
And I am determined to make it up to you
Not just for being my God
But for being Everyone else's
Whether we RECOGNIZE it or not.













No comments:

Post a Comment